CCA’s Food Services provides support to all eligible persons. This includes any person who is:
- Aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) or;
- At risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care or:
- A carer of someone in the above categories.
Click here to download the Food Services flyer.
Our Food Services include:
Meals on Wheels
- A nutritionally balanced meal delivered to aged people, people with a disability, and their carers. The service is not means tested.
- Most people prefer to live at home but may need support to do this. Without services such as Meals on Wheels clients are at risk of premature admission to aged care.
- We seek to actively educate clients and reduce the high risk of malnutrition in older people. Improving nutrition reduces falls and other associated health risks in older people.
- Often a Meals on Wheels meal is the highest source of nutritional content for someone who would otherwise exist on tea and toast.
- Our Meals on Wheels volunteers are often the only daily point of contact for recipients, reducing their social isolation and assisting in monitoring their health and wellbeing.
- Meals are tailored to meet dietary (e.g. diabetic, gluten free, etc.), taste and cultural requirements.
See below our menu options:
- Menu from Master Catering (provided as chilled or hot)
- Menu from My Chef (provided as frozen, chilled or hot)
- Menu from Simplot (provided as frozen only)
- Menu from Rice King – Asian meals (provided as frozen, chilled or hot)
- Extra’s Menu
Special dietary requirements menus are available. Please contact CCA for details
Click here for the Social Activities page.
Click here for the Shopping Services page.
For more information contact CCA on 9858 3222 or email administration @ccas.org.au
Alternately, use the form below to contact us.