CCA No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) – Interest free loans for eligible low income applicants
NILS is a community-based program offering loans for the purchase of essential goods and services e.g. washing machine, fridge, freezer, furniture, blood pressure/ blood sugar monitor, prescription glasses, asthma pump, health and education needs, car registration, etc.
NILS Loans offer:
- No fees or charges
- No interest
- Up to $1,200 (depending on cost of item/service) subject to approval
- Fortnightly repayments in affordable amounts over 12 to 18 months
NILS Loans offer:
Our NILS program is delivered in partnership with Good Shepherd Microfinance, National Australia Bank and the Department of Social Services.
The NILS Process
1. Contact CCA to request the NILS Loan Information Pack or download it below.
2. Gather all necessary documentation on the No Interest Loan Scheme Document Checklist.
3. Complete the NILS Loan Application Form.
4. Read the Rights and Responsibilities sheet.
5. Contact CCA to make an appointment for a loan interview.
6. CCA will assess the application.
7. If your loan is approved, you promise to pay it back by signing an agreement.
8. You will receive a cheque payable to the provider of the item or service.
9. You buy the item or service for which you have received the loan.
10. You pay back a small amount every 2 weeks until the loan is paid back in full.
The NILS Loan Information Pack
Click on the links below to download the NILS Loan Information Pack
- NILS Flyer
- No Interest Loan Scheme Document Checklist
- NILS Loan Application Form
- Rights and Responsibilities sheet
For more information or to make an appointment with our NILS Coordinator contact CCA on 9858 3222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, use the form below to contact us.