People and Culture Manager – 37.5 Hours per week
Christian Community Aid (CCA) exists to enable better lives through addressing inequity and disadvantage in our community. As the People and Culture Manager of CCA you’ll make a real difference to the lives of thousands by supporting and empowering our staff and volunteers to provide high quality services for those who are doing it tough. Your contribution will ensure our vital programs have the professional foundations that make a real difference for those we serve.
The People and Culture Manager is a member of our Leadership Team and accountable for the leadership, strategic development and management of CCA’s People and Culture activities. These strategies focus on equipping and enabling our employees, volunteers, student and WDO placements to create an engaging and high performing work culture that supports CCA’s purpose and strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement policies, operating practices, consulting advice, services and support to managers in line with best HR Practices and company policies including recruitment and selection processes, induction, end of probation procedures, employee retention, workplace equality, exit procedures and interviews, excess leave management, performance review, workplace relation matters and other HR related projects
- Work in partnership and collaboration with the Leadership Team and internal/external stakeholders to develop and achieve strategic and operational HR and WHS related objectives.
- Ensure CCA compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements relating to people and workplace management and also WHS management.
- Provide support, guidance and information to CCA leadership, staff and volunteers on policy and procedure relating to People and Culture and WHS management.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications at all levels throughout the organization to create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Ensure timely and correct payroll processing.
- Effectively contribute towards the achievement of CCA’s vision and purpose
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum – completed tertiary qualifications in HR or other relevant discipline relevant field and/or at least 4 years demonstrable, relevant work experience
Required Experience and skills:
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through effective consultation and communication.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of Payroll requirements
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise multiple projects/tasks while meeting operational deadlines demonstrating time management principles.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to objectively meet difficult and/or emotional situations in a professional and tactful manner. Able to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to formulate opinions and recommend actions in complicated situations
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of Work, Health and Safety legislation.
- High level Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Unrestricted Australian drivers licence.
This position will commence late September / early October 2017.
CCA will obtain a Police Check clearance for the successful applicant.
This is a salaried position based on the SCHADS Award. Salary will be commensurate with your relevant skills and experience. Salary Packaging options are also available.
Click here for the P & C Manager Position Description.
Click here for the CCA Employment Package.
For further information contact the HR Manager at email@example.com. .Please use the following reference in the email subject line “Job – People and Culture Manager
Applications close 12 noon Thursday August 24th 2017. Interviews to be held during the week commencing August 28.